Monday, August 1, 2011

NO FISHING!

How crafty is the devil, constantly stirring up the muddy waters of our sins of the past! He uses any means to do so...our minds, a photograph, a movie, a dream, a friend, a relative, a letter...just about anything.

BUT...How awesome is God, filling His Word with countless affirmations of the absoluteness of His forgiveness! Throughout the Old Testament, He establishes the truth that He is merciful, abounding in love, gracious, forgiving; in the New Testament, we find that truth again, reinforced by the words about Jesus, "...in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sin."

God's forgiveness is complete and perfect; there are no superlatives needed for either of those two descriptors. It is our unwillingness to look Him straight in the eye and say, "I believe You," that holds us back.

I've sinned...little and big. After an era in my life when my heart had been cold and rebellious (though very few knew that it was so), I wrote this song. I sing it to myself sometimes. Sometimes I sing it to the Lord. And sometimes, I even sing it to the devil! Each line is a direct quote from the Scriptures.

So, stay away, all that would send me back to wallowing in my wickedness of the past!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
I John 1:9

AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST
As far as the east is from the west, so far have my transgressions been removed.
They are buried in the depths of the deepest sea, (NO FISHING!), never to be remembered anymore!
As a thick cloud covering the sky above, so has God blotted out my sin and shame...
Cast behind His back, mercifully forgiven, through the power of Jesus' name!

   Lord, I'm clinging to Your Word, and to Your faithfulness and justice to forgive,
   Believing that my sin is truly gone, that Your precious blood is cleansing as I live!

Come now, and let us reason, saith the Lord, though your sins be scarlet they shall be as snow
Though they be as crimson they shall be as wool, they are nailed to His cross I know!
He hath made Him to be sin, who knew no sin, now the righteousness of God I am.
He hath clothed me in fine linen, fine linen clean and white, washed in the blood of the Lamb!

   Lord, I'm clinging to Your Word, and to Your faithfulness and justice to forgive,
   Believing that my sin is truly gone and that Your precious blood is cleansing as I live!

As far as the east is from the west, so far have my transgressions been removed!
They are buried in the depths of the deepest sea...never to be remembered anymore!

No comments: